Sunday 1 July 2012

Intromuctionsuction

We were going to have a theme for this blog. And we spent several weeks trying to think of one. But then we realized that our imaginations simply can't be constrained by the limits of a real theme and therefore have decided to go with the theme of "funny and awkward things" and also, possibly random ideas that we just feel like writing about. I've actually always sort of wanted a blog but never made one on the grounds that 1) It's narcissistic (spelled it right the first try! Yay!) and 2) I have nothing to say. Basically the real reasons: 1) I chickened out and 2) I chickened out.
So what's the solution to ideas you're too wimpy to put into action on your own? Suggest them to a friend who will force you to go through with them. In a letter, apparently. There's some kind of oxymoron/irony in the fact that I suggested a blog via snail mail. Too lazy to think about whether it's irony or oxymoron.
It hadn't occurred to me yet that "Smile and Grimace" sort of seems like it's describing us as the creators of this blog (although, I can't say that I would have picked Grimace as my facial expression. I would have picked Raised Eyebrow. But that would be a weird blog title. Not very catchy. I've actually thought about what facial expression I'd be before. Another time that I was bored, I got really obsessed with this internet list activity thing that was all fill in the blank "If I were a day of the week I'd be..." "If I were a shoe I'd be...". In my defense, it was late at night. And I love lists.).
Anyway, I don't know that I've really provided any sort of coherent intro to this blog or what it will be about (not that we really know what it will be about) but hopefully it's semi-interesting to read. Long may this blog be updated and a good solid hurrah!
Grimacingly,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment