Sunday 1 July 2012

Hello World.

Hello out there!

Sooo most blogs have a "welcome to this blog" kind of blurb, so I figure I'd follow convention even though I am well known to be both bold and spicy. Much like your common chorizo.
So here begins the blogging adventures of me, Sarah, and my friend-ish, Charlotte. Although we are dramatically separated by miles and miles of plains, forests, and aw yeah even a mountain chain, we persevere and continue our friendship(ish... more of a friend-dinghy) via the internet! Isn't it glorious and inspiring? It makes you wanna do something meaningful, like watch a sunset off a hilltop while cuddling a recently-adopted kitten, or something like that.
You must be wondering, why is this blog called Smile and Grimace? Are those adorable metaphoric names for Charlotte and I? If they were, she would be Grimace. (weeheehee! You can't hurt me, I'm protected by a MOUNTAIN CHAIN!) Alas, we didn't really think that hard about the title. It is actually because we were forced to be more creative because the name Happy Blog was already taken. What happened to simplicity, folks? (One might rebuttal, what happened to creativity? To which I say.... um... yeah.) But anyways, let's finally get to the meaning of this name: we hope that our meagre number of readers, if only one another, will smile at the funny/happy things we post, and grimace at the terribly awkward stories we relay! What a wonderful contrast. So hey, if anything, if we succeed your mouth with get a good work-out. Which sounds like you're going to be making out for a long time. Which you can also do instead of reading this blog! A world of possibilities.
On that sweeping generalization, I bid you adieu til next time!

-Sarah

Also, because first posts are always boring to read, here is something real to consider: should disturbingly realistic animal t-shirts exist? I'm not talking about a t-shirt with a couple horses on it, whatever, tacky people can be tacky. I'm talking about a t-shirt that is simply a massive close-up of an animal's face. If I saw someone wearing this in real life, I sincerely believe my immediate reaction would be to recoil in fear because an enormous pig is lumbering towards me.



More disturbingly realistic animal t-shirts here for your amusement. Or if you genuinely wish to purchase one, I guess I can't stop you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment