Sunday 19 October 2014

Photo of the Week #4


Another backyard shot, because who can resist the poignance of a leaf falling into your glass of water in an oh-so-artistic way? I was actually finished with my camera at this point and I'd put it aside to get started on some real work (gross) when I went to take a sip of water and saw that it looked pretty neat. So Mr. X-A1 had to be turned back on for a little while. I really like the composition of this shot. If I were to make it look real nice I'd probably crop out the right side of it because I can see a gecko stepping stone foot in the top right there which is bothering me a tad, but if I had done that it would make the two regions of the photo (the wooden surface of the bench and the ground beneath it) equal in size, which also would bother me - like splitting the whole thing down the middle. Compositionally I like the ground taking up more space in the photo. So I'm gonna leave it that way! Hope this photo reminds you of quiet moments in your backyard, avoiding work to enjoy the space around you instead.

- Pondering Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment