Sunday 12 October 2014

Photo of the Week #3


A multiple exposure shot of the shadows on the deck in my backyard. Yes, because technology has taken us far enough that you can put one picture on top of another WHILE SHOOTING, not even editing afterwards! I personally was shocked and amazed when I discovered this and did a small bowing ritual to my camera before continuing on. I like how this image creates a couple different kinds of grids depending on where you overlay the lines, and that the shadows get darker where they bisect! You can even get a bit of that optical illusion where dots disappear and reappear if you try to focus on one set of intersecting lines where I've crossed the deck at right angles. What I don't like (and now you're going to notice it and be like AHH so bothersome) is that I didn't get the shots perfectly centred on top of each other (mainly because I was trying to avoid including my shoe...) and you can really see that because of the wedge where the lines aren't right-angled at the bottom! Alas, ear wax. Anyways, kinda more geometric, hope y'all enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving
SENsational

No comments:

Post a Comment