Monday 24 November 2014

Photo of the Week #8

Oh boy, this is shameful. I missed a week and now I'm late, too. You know what that means? You're about to be lavished with TWO PHOTOS. A photo blog daily double, if you will. (aside: I would like to just put it out there that "if you will" is possibly one of the most painful things to say if you aren't doing it ironically. For example, an excerpt from my developmental biology textbook: "...the anterior end of the embryo is more advanced in its development (having a "head start," if you will)..." Oh ho ho. Can't you just imagine the writer's chuckle. I do tend to use a lot of bad puns so maybe I'm not qualified to make fun, but that one sure got a tired eye-roll from me. Possibly because trying to understand embryonic development is hard enough to put you in a cynical mood to start with.)

I took some more nighttime shots this week 'cause I'm out on the street slinging rocks anyways, might as well take some pics while I rake in the illegal dough. I also really love nighttime during the winter, which is a good thing since those two conditions are on the haps for most of your lifetime if you live in Edmonton. The city is starting to do this thing where we just put lights on everything to try to make the perma-darkness more enjoyable, which I am super down for. For instance, the high level bridge across the river now lights up at night, and the trees on the  U of A quad are all covered in lights this year. Definitely makes you appreciate the sparkly dreamy nighttime of winter months more!

So here are some dreamy sparkly winter night shots of my own. I got a little distracted by street lamps.



Luv winter 4ever,
<3 SNASON

No comments:

Post a Comment