Tuesday 11 November 2014

Photo of the Week #7

Whoa guys, check out this different format! It's wiggin' me out! Picture on one side, text on other side? Crazy.

So as promised I have some snowtography this week! Finally winter has descended on E-Town, I am happy to say. I love the snow, unlike many of my jaded Edmontonian companions who have just lived here too long. Well, I have too (goin' on year 17!), but I have not lost a childish joy for all things sparkly yet. Who can resist purposely sliding along icy sidewalks, or kicking up big puffs of snow just to watch it fly and sparkle, or the satisfying crunch under your feet when you liberate a previously untrodden snowfall? To me, snow is ~romance~ and wonder and delight! Anyways, I'm still adjusting to temperatures in the minuses though. I might love snow with a bit of a freaky intensity, but the cold that comes with it is a bummeeerrrr.

These are some glass-blown balls my mom installed as lawn ornaments in our backyard. After the first snowfall they acquired these adorable snow hats that had to be captured. It took a while to find an angle that showed the snow caps without being a totally boring snoozefest (ie. just a flat view from the front) but aren't you glad I found it?? They're pretty. That's all I really have to say here.
Luv,
SEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment